While it is easy to calculate an estimate of the distance your employees travel on the roads, achieving accuracy is a very difficult task. This is why making an investment in field force management software after considering if the data you receive is accurate or not is necessary.
TrackoField can be the right choice for your business and help you achieve an accuracy level of 99%, which is unbeatable in the industry. But first, let us learn about distance travelled reports in detail.
What are Distance Travel Reports
So what exactly are the distance travelled reports? And how can managers ensure that they receive correct data every time/ Usually, the process of receiving data is done by the GPS tracker, as it sends data packets to the system in frequent intervals.
But this can be very battery consuming for the mobile device, which in the case of field employees, works as their GPS tracker. So how does TrackoField make sure that it does not affect the executive’s battery too much?
Managers get to decide on the frequency of the information that the system receives. This means that they can decide the level of accuracy they want their system to achieve as well. For tasks that do not require precise location tracking, managers can decide to opt for data at a lower frequency. This means that the distance travelled reports will be not as accurate but will still inform managers of their employee’s activities.
Benefits of Using Distance Travel Reports
Having accurate reports can be beneficial for managers in several ways. Some of these benefits include:
- Better Visibility: With data that is accurate, managers stay aware of their driver’s activities at all times. Thus, they can ensure the elimination of time theft and also make precise task allocations based on route density. A crow flies view does not allow this calculation as there are no records of the actual distance the employee covered.
- Data Based Decision Making: With data that is accurate, managers can create optimisation strategies based on the pain points that the system highlights. This can be in the form of training programs for the employees. Thus, there is a better trained workforce that is bound to make better profits for the business as well.
- Higher Productivity: When there is a reduction in time theft and managers are able to better plan their task execution, the productivity of the business goes up. Employees are able to complete more tasks in the same time frame as before.
- Simpler Expense Management: The system allows managers to calculate the exact distance their employees travel. For business models that pay executives for the amount of distance they cover, calculating their salary becomes fairly easier. This is why managers have a better idea about their expenses as well.
- Improved Customer Relations: When there is no inconsistency in the execution of tasks, the customers get good services. This reflects nicely on the businesses and can even help boost their clientele.
Having a field force management system is beneficial only if there is a surety of accuracy to accompany this software. This is why trusting in any employee tracking software can do more harm than good for field businesses.
TrackoField is considered to be one of the best in the industry because of the high accuracy it allows clients to reach. No more struggling to make decisions based on indefinite stats and analytics. With downloadable reports, optimisation to eliminate loopholes in the operations becomes very easy.
Why wait for optimisation any longer? Try out a demo and see if the system is the right match for you!